May 29, 2022
Many of us have had complicated reading years, struggling to keep our attention trained on any one book—let alone finish one. So Jynne Dilling Martin, an associate publisher at Riverhead Books, and Kalima DeSuze, activist and founder of the intersectional feminist bookstore at Cafe con Libros in Brooklyn, shared some of their favorite page-turners to pull you out of your reading slump. There’s something for everyone, from a poem-like novel that’s less than 300 pages to a New York Times bestselling book club pick.
Here’s a preview of the recommended books to read this Summer:
- Ghost Forest by Pik-Shuen Fung
- Fat Chance, Charlie Vega by Crystal Maldonado
- Salvation City by Sigrid Nunez
- Beautiful World, Where Are You by Sally Rooney
- Seven Days in June by Tia Williams
- Uncanny Valley by Anna Wiener
- Monster in the Middle by Tiphanie Yanique
- I Love You But I’ve Chosen Darkness by Claire Vaye Watkins
- Cazadora by Romina Garber
- The Paper Palace by Miranda Cowley Heller
You can read the full descriptions here.
Courtesy of Women Who Travel Podcast